When January rolls around every year, people start evaluating themselves and their lives to make "New Year's Resolutions." They ask themselves what they want to change in areas of their daily lives such as health, physical fitness, metal and spiritual fitness, and on and on the list can go. I myself started a journey last January to eat right and exercise with the goal of losing 50 pounds. Well, I made it half way to that goal. Then summer break for the kids came, real life happened, etc. etc. and I quit going to the gym for work outs and quit tracking my eating habits and calorie intake...which led to me gaining those pounds back. My focus changed from my "get fit" goal to my "get us through the summer with my sanity intact" goal. 
    This year, I have one main goal-not a resolution. That main goal is to put my focus, as child of God, on God. I desire a closer walk the my Father God. In order to achieve that goal, I have a plan. It is consists of:
  • A Bible reading plan to read the Bible in a year, which I am pleased to say I am sticking to!
  • Joining Bible study groups online and off line; currently I am doing the Living Like Jesus Luke Bible study with a Facebook group via Good Morning Girls 
  • Reading books that will encourage me as a Christian wife and Momma; currently, I am in the last chapters of No More Perfect Moms: Learn to Love Your Real Life
  • Seeking godly council on issues I might deal with and Seeking God through prayer when things are good and when things are bad
    Basically, I want to 'feed' my mind with "whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy." (Philipians 4:8) I need to train myself to replace any negative self-talk and thoughts with the Truth found in God's word, the Bible. It really comes down to this- "Garbage In, Garbage Out; Good Stuff In, Good Stuff Out." What I 'feed' my mind will be evident in the way I talk, spend my time, spend my money, and how I act towards others. As a child of God, I should be reflecting the character of God.    
    What do you think?
                      Love ya, 
                                    Susan 
1 Response
  1. Caroline Says:

    Amen! What a great goal!!