I love shopping at Kroger utilizing coupons matched up with their sales! I have been able to save a lot on our groceries shopping this way.

Yesterday, I did two transactions back to back. I spent $20.24 in my  first transaction and received a $4.00 off your next order (herafter to be shown as OYNO)-my net total for this transaction was $16.24. My first transaction would have been $35.85~ my total savings after sales, coupons, and catalina was $19.61.
My second transaction was for $66.30 originally BUT after sales and coupons I only spent $16.18!!
Here is what I bought in both transations:
16 jars Classico pasta sauce (.99 ea after coupons)
8 packages Ronzonni pasta (free after coupons)
4 Bounty Basic paper towels (.09 ea after coupons)
6 Pillsbury Grands (8 ct.) (.68 ea after coupons)
4 Kroger brand Spinach Dip (on managers special for .59 ea.)
1--20 roll pack Cottonelle TP (13.50 after coupon)
Most of the pasta and sauce are stock up items. I like to stock up at rock bottom prices to save the most on our groceries.
Early on in the same day, I ran in to stock up on Annie's Homegrown Organic Mac-N-Cheese varities.  Without coupons-just with sales alone- I saved $31.00! I paid $7.92 for 16 boxes or just .495 per box.
So far, my total savings on those three transactions is $96.73 and I only paid a grand total so far of $44.34. That is just over a savings of 50%!

Today, 3/27/10, I went and got the local paper-5 of them- and found they had a .50 off any one I Can't Believe It's Not Butter coupon in the insert. Kroger has the sticks and tubs on sale for .98 right now and I am completely out. So I made a run to get my FREE butter!
Here is what I got today:
1 tub Pampers wipes (1.22 after coupon and closeout price)
3 tubs of ICBINButter (FREE after sale and coupons)
2 packs of ICBINB sticks (FREE after sale and coupons)
1 pack of Oacar Mayer bacon (1.49 after sale and coupon)
1 Cascade Action Pacs 60 ct (12.99 after coupon)
2 Scotch Brite Nail Saver sponges (1.13 after coupon)

I paid  a total of $19.38 and saved $19.38~a 50% savings on my whole order!

My total out of pocket cost on both days was $63.72. My total savings with both days combined is $116.11! I would have paid $179.83 without sales and coupons. I have stocked up on healthy food items and some basic nessities at rock bottom prices. Ya can't do that at Wal-Mart where I live! ;-)

Until next time,

Susan
0 Responses